- Medium sized spider
- Male body length is 12mm
- Female body length is 20mm
- Long cigar-shaped dark grey abdomen
- The abdomen is grey and has two pairs of faint white spots
- A distinct white or cream spot can be seen at the tip of the abdomen just above the spinnerets.
- The legs are brown or reddish brown in colour.
- They are slow-moving spiders
- They travel great distances looking for prey
- most active at night.
- The female lays about 80-100 pink eggs
- The eggs are secured in a flattened silk egg sac
- She guards the egg sac until the spiderlings emerge
- When the spiderlings hatch they are left to leave to find their first meal
- Cool dark areas
- They often come into houses
- They are sometimes found in the folds of clothes, towels and shoes.
- They live beneath bark and rocks
- In leaf litter
- Detritus in bush
- White-tailed Spider bites can cause initial burning pain
- Blistering or local ulceration have been reported
- Nausea, vomiting, or headache may occur
Contact Us For Free Advice & Quotes
WHY CHOOSE US?
SYDNEY PEST CONTROL
Sydney’s Best Pest Control technicians are professional and trained in the best techniques when it comes to pest removal and prevention. Most importantly, we take a personal interest in our clients.
All Sydney’s Best Pest Control personnel stand behind our mission statement; it guides their job performance just as it guides company policy. They personally ensure our clients of their best service, just as our company provides them with the best technology.
Our company is a family-owned and operated business that has been serving the Sydney suburbs for many years and will continue to be here when you need us.