- Cupboard Spider
- Dark Comb-footed Spider
- False Black Widow
- The female are up to 1.2cm and the male being slightly smaller
- Mottled cream to brown in colour
- The legs are reddish brown and are slender & shiny
- Legs can span up to 25mm
- Spider but does not inflict a dangerous bite
- Web may include a curled leaf as a retreat for the spider
- In webs without the retreat, the spider sits among the tangle
- When disturbed, drops and lies curled up and still until the apparent danger has passed
- The female produces many white to cream egg sacs
- The egg sacs are suspended within her web
- The female lives for about 2 years
- The male only lives for a few months
- After mating the male is usually eaten
- Builds untidy, tangled webs
- Webs can be found on walls, under eaves, around garage doors and among leaves on trees and shrubs.
- Undisturbed dark areas are ideal for this spider
- In a cupboard signs of a brown house spider could be white specs of spider droppings
- Bites can be painful but not fatal
- Symptoms include mild nausea and headache
- Formation of an itchy red welt at the bite site
Contact Us For Free Advice & Quotes
WHY CHOOSE US?
SYDNEY PEST CONTROL
Sydney’s Best Pest Control technicians are professional and trained in the best techniques when it comes to pest removal and prevention. Most importantly, we take a personal interest in our clients.
All Sydney’s Best Pest Control personnel stand behind our mission statement; it guides their job performance just as it guides company policy. They personally ensure our clients of their best service, just as our company provides them with the best technology.
Our company is a family-owned and operated business that has been serving the Sydney suburbs for many years and will continue to be here when you need us.