- Window Spiders
- Grey House Spider
- 1-1.5cm in body length and a 3cm leg span
- The female is larger than the male
- The dorsal and legs are dark brown to black in colour
- The abdomen is charcoal grey with white markings
- Their webbings are often mistaken for funnel web spiders
- The female constructs several white silk eggs sacs secured within the web retreat.
- The female stays with the eggs until they hatch. The spiderlings then disperse
- The spiders mature during the summertime and live for about two years
- The web of the black house spider is an untidy, lacy sheet with a funnel like entrance
- Their webs can be found on tree trunks, logs, rock walls, buildings, window frames and crevices.
- In built-up areas it is common to find Black House Spider building webs in dark corners of windows, veranda’s, sheds or fences.
- The female black house spider never leaves her web unless she is forced to. She constantly repairs and adds to her web.
- Older webs can look grey and woolly from the constant additions of silk
- Bites often occur when the spider feels threatened.
- Black house spiders venom is poisonous but no fatal
- The bite causes excruciating pain and swelling
- Nausea, vomiting, sweating & dizziness
- White-tailed Spider
- Parasitic wasp
Contact Us For Free Advice & Quotes
WHY CHOOSE US?
SYDNEY PEST CONTROL
Sydney’s Best Pest Control technicians are professional and trained in the best techniques when it comes to pest removal and prevention. Most importantly, we take a personal interest in our clients.
All Sydney’s Best Pest Control personnel stand behind our mission statement; it guides their job performance just as it guides company policy. They personally ensure our clients of their best service, just as our company provides them with the best technology.
Our company is a family-owned and operated business that has been serving the Sydney suburbs for many years and will continue to be here when you need us.